Over the years, Al Gore’s Nashville house has been a topic of discussion because of the enormous amount of electricity it uses. Frequently it is mentioned as evidence when calling Mr. Gore a hypocrite. According to a posting on TheLid.com titled “How Al Gore Fooled The World Into Paying For His Giant Carbon Footprint” new data shows little has changed over the years.
The new data about his Nashville house includes:
- The past year, Gore’s home energy use averaged 19,241 kilowatt hours (kWh) every month, compared to the U.S. household average of 901 kWh per month.
- Gore guzzles more electricity in one year than the average American family uses in 21 years.
- In September of 2016, Gore’s home consumed 30,993 kWh in just one month – as much energy as a typical American family burns in 34 months.
- During the last 12 months, Gore devoured 66,159 kWh of electricity just heating his pool. That is enough energy to power six average U.S. households for a year.
- From August 2016 through July 2017, Gore spent almost $22,000 on electricity bills.
For appearance’s sake, the former VP with an unreleased chakra paid an estimated $60,000 to install 33 solar panels. Those solar panels produce an average of 1,092 kWh per month, only 5.7% of Gore’s typical monthly energy consumption. So, Gore is using tons of fossil fuels–by himself.
Al Gore owned 4 homes but since his divorce, one of them may now belong to his ex-wife.
The posting on TheLid.com goes on to discuss how much money Gore has amassed since his term as the Veep was over.
Gore and all the Hollywood types that tell us how to live in order to save the planet, have a motto, “do as I say, not as I do”.
We use 6000 Kw a year including heating water. What are we missing out on?